You know, until my lovely moderator nanceoir updated the schedule to include predictions for The Light Fantastic, I didn’t even know if predictions were going to be a part of this experience. Alas, it’s time to public embarrass myself for the Discworld fandom. LET’S DO THIS.
If you’ll bear with me, I do want to make sure to re-iterate the rules, particularly for this sort of post. A lot of times, my first prediction post for a new series I’m reading or watching brings out a whole lot of spoilers, so let’s make sure y’all know that this is not the time to break the rules.
1) Do not spoil me. Don’t tell me in any way if a prediction of mine is right or wrong. Don’t make a tally of this. Don’t openly quote things and laugh at them or say I’m unprepared because of it. Please be careful. I realize that this may limit discussion in some ways, but this type of post is the only way I can publicly post my thoughts about upcoming books in a series.
2) Don’t spoil other people. If you are reading The Light Fantastic for the first time, you are welcome to post your own predictions! Please treat these people with the same respect and courtesy that you would extend to me. Don’t spoil them in anyway either.
3) Don’t pretend to be unspoiled and post predictions that end up being correct. This hasn’t happened in a while, granted, but it was an unfortunate thing in the past. My moderators will know when you do this, and you’ll be banned from commenting. Don’t ruin a good thing.
And with that, LET’S TRY TO DO THIS.
Mark’s Predictions for The Light Fantastic
- We will learn how Rincewind survives the fall off the Discworld.
- We will learn what happened to Twoflower and Tethis.
- All three characters survive.
- So does the Luggage because it’s the Luggage and it has to.
- I’m guessing that A’Tuin doesn’t have a gender.
- I’m also guessing that they’ll land on new world, but they’ll be separated.
- The next book will switch POV between Rincewind and Twoflower.
- We’ll also be introduced to a new character who will show up in future novels. (I realize I won’t be able to determine if this is true until later, but I just wanted to guess this.)
- We’ll learn what spell Rincewind has in his head because he’ll have to use it.
- He’ll survive it’s use and be able to learn new magic!
- Twoflower will also get to go home after the events in The Light Fantastic.
- My guess is that the title of The Light Fantastic refers to a form of magic that we’ll learn about.
- I don’t even know how to predict anything else.
Well, let’s see how I fare! I start The Light Fantasic on Friday morning!
Mark Links Stuff
- If you would like to support this website and keep Mark Does Stuff running, I’ve put up a detailed post explaining how you can!
- Please check out the MarkDoesStuff.com. All Mark Watches videos for past shows/season are now archived there!
- My Master Schedule is updated for the near and distant future for most projects, so please check it often.
- I will be at quite a few conventions and will be hosting numerous events throughout the US, Canada, and Europe in 2014. Please check my Tour Dates/Appearances page often to see if I’m coming to your city!
- Inspired by last year’s impromptu park event in London, I am taking Mark in the Park on the road! You can see all the currently-planned dates and pitch your own city here.