I wanted to put up a post for this specifically on Christmas as a lovely gift to y’all, so we can all laugh at me and talk about Song of the Lioness another day. I’m marveling at these predictions because I don’t think I’ve ever been so prepared for something whilst still being totally unprepared. LET’S DO THIS.
Oh god, I WAS REALLY GOOD THIS TIME AROUND.
- Okay, at some point, Alanna WILL return to COURT. Not just Corus, but to Court. YES. 1/1
- We will get 100% confirmation that Thom raised Roger from the dead. YES. GDI THOM. 2/2
- Roger will die. FINALLY. 3/3
- Thom will die. NO, I TAKE THIS BACK. 4/4
- Alanna will reconcile with Jonathan. HOLY SHIT A PERFECT SCORE SO FAR. 5/5
- BUT ALANNA WILL END UP WITH GEORGE COOPER INSTEAD. A man can hope, CAN’T I JUST HAVE SOME HOPE? my hope was VICTORIOUS HOLY SHIT 6/6
- The King will die at some point, too, and Jonathan will take the throne. am i a seer WHY HAVE MY POWERS NEVER WORKED BEFORE THIS 7/7
- Butts? At one point, George sat on a horse so there was inherently a butt being a butt that I care about. 8/8
- Wasps? I should stop predicting things about wasps. 8/9
- Dragons? This wasn’t a joke! Oh god. 8/10
- Alanna will seek out adventure with Coram in the beginning of the book, but it will lead her back to Corus. I WAS RIGHT OMG. 9/11
- One of the original friends she had when she was training to be a knight will also die. NOOOOOO, I TAKE THIS BACK, TOO. 10/12
- Alanna will inherit her old home. WAIT. Did this happen? Technically, since Thom died, right? I DON’T KNOW. 10/13 just in case.
- This book will end with a take on the Happily Ever After trope. KIND OF SINCE THERE IS NO END TO THIS STORY. F Y’ALL I’M COUNTING THIS. 11/14.
I have never scored so well ever. EVER! Holy shit, that’s amazing. However, I’m now 5 chapters into Wild Magic (I have to write posts in advance more than usual because I’m traveling after Christmas and won’t have access to anything), so I can safely predict that I will never, ever be this prolific in my accuracy for that quartet. Good god.
I also want to thank y’all. The Tamora Pierce fandom is easily the nicest fandom to ever show up to my site, and you have given me a renewed love for what I do. I’m so glad we get to hang out for eternity as well. We resume reading Wild Magic tomorrow, and can I spoil you all and just say I AM LOVING IT SO MUCH.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, and I’m eager to keep discussing this world with each of you. <3