The title of my sixth Young Wizards book is very daunting. I AM SCARED.
Before I venture forward, let’s revisit my predictions for the last book:
- I think we’ll see Ronan again. We have to! UNRESOLVED CHARACTER STORIES. WHERE IS RONAN.
- The entire book will take place in the United States. Okay, counting the universe Kit created, I vote this as technically wrong.
- However, Nita and Kit will travel outside New York. The Jones Inlet does not count, does it?
- The Powers That Be will assign Dairine to the same task as Kit and Nita. Ah, this is wrong, too!
- The three of them will face an antagonist that is NOT the Lone Power. WHY HAVE I BEEN SO WRONG ALL THE TIME
- (I don’t care, I’m running with this.) RUN AWAY, YOU’RE NOT VERY GOOD AT THIS ONE
- We’ll meet a new wizard who lives near all of them! Okay, I still want this.
- AN UPDATE ON THE TREE CONFLICT. I TOTALLY WANT ONE. Also required at some point.
- Tom and Carl will have a new pet. Not that Picchu is replaceable, of course, but Picchu is totally replaceable. I MISS PICCHU. I have a prediction about these two, though.
- So, what’s the wizard’s dilemma? I think there will be a few. THERE TOTALLY WERE.
- However, that’s not a fair prediction. Thus, I think that Nita will struggle with a choice that will have a positive affect on the world, but will fundamentally go against the laws that govern wizardry. Does she risk giving up being a wizard or does she save the world? That sort of thing. LOOK AT HOW FUCKING CLOSE I GOT. I love that I failed so hard at these predictions, then KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK AT THE END.
- I’m probably wrong, aren’t I? Like, 90% wrong, but THIS IS YOUR LIFE.
Okay, so. A Wizard Alone.
Predictions for A Wizard Alone
- The title refers to Nita.
- I think Nita’s mother will die in this book, thus leaving her “alone.”
- The book will alternate between the POV of Kit, Dairine, and Nita.
- Tom and Carl will play a much larger part in this book, supporting Nita.
- So will Nita’s father.
- Dairine’s powers will level out in this book.
- Kit’s errantry will BE Nita. Or at least helping her.
- I am going to be destroyed by this book.
- The weird universe-creating place will be mentioned by Kit at least once.
- WE WILL MEET A NEW WIZARD IN THIS BOOK.
- The book takes place in the year following The Wizard’s Dilemma.
- It is NOT confined just to New York.
- Ronan will be mentioned, but will not appear.
- The struggle will ultimately be with the Lone One, but inside Nita this time.
LET’S GO, COUSINS.
Mark Links Stuff
– I am now on Patreon! There are various levels of support, from $1 up to whatever you want! You’ll get to read a private blog, extra reviews, and other such rewards. I POST A LOT OF CUTE PHOTOS, OKAY. Think of it like a private Tumblr blog that only SPECIAL PEOPLE get to read.
– I have updated my list of conventions and events for the remainder of the year and much of next year. Check the full list of events on my Tour Dates / Appearances page.
– My Master Schedule is updated for the near and distant future for most projects, so please check it often. My next Double Features for Mark Watches have been announced here.
– Mark Does Stuff is on Facebook! I’ve got a community page up that I’m running. Guaranteed shenanigans!