I genuinely can’t believe I’m nearing the end of theÂ Circle of Magic books. This went by too quickly. I know there are other Emelan books, but I don’t even know what they’re about? I’m scared? I’ll remain in denial, then. Let’s talk aboutÂ Briar’s Book!
As usual, let’s go over my last set of predictions:
- Daja will interact with a Trader at some point in the novel.Â These predictions aren’t even remotely okay because I was eerily right and yet not at all ready for this book.Â
- IT WILL NOT BE A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE.Â AND THEN IT WAS OH MY GOD.Â
- Niko backstory!Â I’ll keep demanding this…
- Moonstream backstory! …and this….
- Rosethorn backstory!Â …and this….
- Lark backstory!Â …..and this as well.Â
- We will see Nikoâ€™s lessons with Tris that help her learn control.Â Hmmm… technically, I don’t think this is correct.Â
- The bulk of the book will follow Daja as she learns to use a forge properly.Â Sort of? There’s a lot of forge work, but I don’t know if that’s the focus of the book.
- FROSTPINE BACKSTORY. Bonus points if it involves marrying ME.Â Help me, I nearly regret saying this.Â
- I think weâ€™ll see some sort of acknowledgment of what happened inÂ Trisâ€™s Book, namely in the form of construction at Winding Circle.Â YES! And lots more!
- I thinkÂ Dajaâ€™s BookÂ will take place very shortly after the events inÂ Trisâ€™s Book.Â It did!!! AND THEN I STILL WASN’T READY.
- We will get to see inside a new place within Winding Circle.Â nope! All Gold Ridge.
- Weâ€™ll get another scene in Summersea.Â Nope.Â
- Dajaâ€™s closest friend throughout the book (aside from Frostpine) will be Sandry.Â Actually, she spent the most time with Briar, which was a pleasant surprise!
- Shriek will learn to fly, but will not permanently fly away from Discipline.Â Oh god, technically this is right? But then it’s not because they were all at Gold Ridge?
- Romance?Â Romance. I donâ€™t care who itâ€™s between, IT HAPPENS. I was hoping one of the teachers might get a story like this, but I suspect it won’t happen in any of the books in this specific series.
That wasn’tÂ awful, y’all. Much better than I usually do! And given how the three prior books in this series have unfolded, I think I might do even better for this book:
Mark Predicts ‘Briar’s Book’
- Easy one: this book will cover a specific journey for Briar.
- I think that also means we’ll get a backstory of sorts for Rosethorn.
- The book will cover some sort of conflict that concerns plant magic.
- The book will end with some sort of definitive closure on this chapter of the Discipline house characters.
- Moonstream will play a bigger part in the story.
- Daja will interact with a Trader once in this book.
- Briar and Tris will become closer than they were in past books.
- Briar will have to save Rosethorn at some point.
- We’ll also learn more about Briar’s past.
- The entire book will be set in Winding Circle.
- BUT there will be multiple scenes in Summersea.
- A secondary character will die and I am saying this to steel myself for the inevitable.
- Can we get an update about Briar’s adorable plant he got?
- Actually, I don’t have anything else to predict. THIS IS A LOT HARDER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.
Onwards to my finalÂ Circle of Magic book! NOOOOOOO.
Mark Links Stuff
-Â Please support the CrossingsCon IndieGogo to help get a Young Wizards convention started in 2016! If the fundraiser reaches $7,000, I’ll be the Guest of Honor. FOR REAL.
-Â Mark Does Stuff is on Facebook!Â I’ve got a community page up that I’m running. Guaranteed shenanigans!
– If you would like to support this website and keep Mark Does Stuff running,Â I’ve put up a detailed post explaining how you can!
– Please check out theÂ MarkDoesStuff.com. All Mark Watches videos for past shows/season are now archived there!
– The 2015 Mark Does Stuff tour is being announced!!!Â Please check my Tour Dates/Appearances page often to see if I’m coming to your city!