OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO EXCITING. I GET TO PREDICT MY FIRSTÂ PROTECTOR OF THE SMALL BOOK, ANDÂ THIS IS WONDERFUL.
Now that I have some idea about the scope and context of this quartet, it’s time to embarrass myself in front of y’all. Or beÂ eerily correct. Do we know what my best predictions were to date? Like, the ones I got the most right? I believe it was season three ofÂ Buffy, where I made a ton of joke-y predictions that ended up being so spot on that it was terrifying.
Anyway, I startÂ Page on Thursday, and I’d like to share my predictions for the book!
Mark’s Predictions forÂ Page
- This book will cover multiple years. I say this because what I remember forÂ Song of the Lioness is that you’re a page for a while before you’re a squire.
- While Kel and her friends will be more than willing to try and stop bullying, I don’t think that means that it has stopped.
- Kel will make friends with at least one first-year.
- Kel will become closer friends with Myles of Olau becauseÂ f r i e n d s.
- Kel will fight Joren at least once in the book.
- Someone will try to hurt Crown or the other sparrows.
- AND KEL WILL AVENGE THEM.
- I think Lord Wyldon will be evenÂ harsher than he was on Kel her first year. He will also begin to begrudgingly accept the fact that she isn’t going anywhere.
- Kel will hang out with Daine and Numair at least once!
- Prince Raoul will ask Kel to some princely function.
- Kel will experience her first period in this book! Tamora Pierce addressed this inÂ Song of the Lioness, and Kel is coming of age, so that’s my reasoning.
- Kel will find out that Alanna was the one who gave her the gifts in her first year.
- And finally, Kel will become a squire at the end of the book!
LET’S DO IT.Â Bring it on, Page.
Mark Links Stuff
-Â The Mark Does Stuff Summer Tour is happening soon! Check out the posted dates, suggest new ones, help bring me to YOUR TOWN.
– I have been nominated for a Hugo in the Fan Writer category! If you’d like more information or to direct friends/family to vote for me,Â I have a very informational post about what I do that you can pass along and link folks to!
-Â Mark Reads Harry Potter and the Deathly HallowsÂ is now published and available for purchase!Â Itâ€™s available in ebook AND physical book format, and you can also get a discount for buying the ENTIRE SET of digital books: $25 for 7 BOOKS!!!
-Â Video commissions are open, andÂ you can commission a Mark Reads/Watches video for just $25!