In the thirty-fourth issue of The Sandman, WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK!?!!?!?!? Intrigued? Then it’s time for Mark to read The Sandman.
“Bad Moon Rising”
WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST READ?!?!?!
- WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK!!!
- oh my god the colors in this issue. THE COLORS. oh my god all the white and blue during the moon scenes. DANIEL VOZZO, YOU ARE A GENIUS.
- I love the image of Hazel and Foxglove comforting one another. YES TO QUEER REPRESENTATION LIKE THIS.
- Thessaly, who the fuck are you? WHO THE FUCK IS THIS WOMAN? Oh my god, I absolutely adore how she is just like, “I AM HERE TO GET SHIT DONE AND THAT’S THE END OF IT.”
- Okay, seriously, I love the characters in this issue in general. They have depth, they have fears, they make their own choices, and they matter. Oh my god, this is so good.
- Can y’all just look at the panel where Thessaly says, “There’s definitely something wrong. You’d better open the door,” and can you just appreciate that this is the angriest, I-Will-Take-None-of-Your-Shit face in the history of faces? I want to use this as a reply on Tumblr. Just that face alone.
- I love Wanda’s hair color. I once had my hair dyed that color when I was a junior in high school.
- Wanda’s response to Hazel’s transphobic comment is so goddamn fierce. YOU TELL HER. Also, free tip: DON’T EVER FUCKING DO THAT, Y’ALL.
- Well, Thessaly did say George was in the bathtub.
- I mean, right?
- To the credit of everyone else in the room, Thessaly is purposely obtuse in this issue, and I don’t blame them for being so harsh with her.
- Soâ€¦ who is Thessaly again? How come no one can move??? I DON’T GET IT.
- When Thessaly said she was going to ask George, I once again didn’t think she was being literal. How was she going to do that? She already killed him, so it’s impossâ€“
- WHAT THE FUCK
- WHAT THE FUCK
- WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING WHAT AM I LOOKING AT OH MY FUCKING GOD
- WHY IS SHE PUTTING IT ON THE WALL
- WHY DOES SHE HAVE HIS EYES
- OH MY GOD HIS FACE HIS FACE
- HOLY SHIT HELP ME
- SHE JUST PULLED HIS TONGUE OUT OF HIS HIS MOUTH WITH HER TEETH
- just bury me right here in these pages, i can’t.
- SHE’S TALKING TO GEORGE
- i mean
- this is it
- this series cannot get more gross and disturbing.
- BRAVO, GAIMAN. As a fan of horror, you’ve found a way to make gore interesting. My god, this is unbelievable.
- So George was a normal person who was taken under the Cuckoo’s wing. WHO IS THE CUCKOO????
- Wanda isn’t a man, Thessaly. Shut up.
- THE MOON. YOU LITERALLY CALLED THE MOON. oh my god i love The Sandman so much.
- I don’t understand Thessaly’s history with the Moon. Do I capitalize that? It seems like a proper noun to me.
- If this was Stephen King’s basementâ€¦ no, that’s actually a frighteningly accurate reference. He would write about cutting someone’s face off to talk to them.
- OMG why do Hazel and Foxglove get to come along???
- OH FUCK I FORGOT THAT GEORGE’S FACE CAN STILL TALK. What a beautifully bizarre and hilarious end to this issue. GIVE ME MORE, PLEASE.
Mark Links Stuff
– You can follow me onÂ TwitterÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for any updates and live commentary on upcoming reviews Iâ€™m writing.
– If youâ€™d like to support what Iâ€™m doing, you can click the little Donate button in the right sidebar,Â buy eBooks on MarkDoesStuff, or purchase physical books onÂ Lulu.com.
-Â Support my twin brotherâ€™s ALC ride and Iâ€™ll continue reading bad fic on video.Â DO IT.
-Â Mark Watches Doctor Who: Series 1Â is now available for purchase for just $3.99!!!
– The second volume of Mark Tells Stories, “Race,”Â is now out and available for just $1.00!