As usual, the normal rules apply to this sort of thing. First of all, please do not say, insinuate, hint, imply, or otherwise make any sort of sign that my predictions are right or wrong. If you do, you can bid your commenting privileges goodbye. The end. Fin. Forever.
Before we get into my general nonsensical predictions, let’s go over my predictions from last time so we can all laugh at how bad I am at this.
- We will see Effie in a new color wig. FUCK YEAH I RULE.
- Gale and Katniss will start off being friends; Gale teases Katniss about what she did in the Games, but he eventually starts growing apart from her. NOPE. NOPE.
- Peeta is going to act indifferent to Katniss at the opening of the novel, a continuation of the end of the first book. I AM A GENIUS.
- We will not see President Snow until the end of the book. A;KSADJF A;SFHAS;ASDFF;KLJ FDSA;JFLS
- The title is a reference to Katniss herself. I’m guessing that since she is The Girl On Fire, she gets….caught? Wow, that sounded much better in my head than it does when I type it out. CLEARLY I AM FLAWLESS.
- Katniss’s mother will have improved. TRUE ~TRELAWNEY~ STATUS
- Katniss will meet Rue’s parents on that tour she mentioned in the last chapter of The Hunger Games. They will thank her for what she did in the arena. FUCK YEAH.
- Conversely, she will meet the parents of the boy from District One who she killed and they will hate her. NICE TRY.
- Someone will find out that Katniss and Gale have been leaving the district to hunt. (Maybe that relates to how she is caught?) OH SHIT YEAH.
- We will see the Capitol again. FUCK YEAH.
- This is a no-brainer, but should be said: We will get a much better idea of where the districts in Panem are and what they each specialize in. I DON’T KNOW IF THIS COUNTS.
- And let’s just get to the big predictions. I think Katniss’s mom and Gale will die by the end of the book. Collins clearly has no reserves about killing off characters, so I think they’ll both die. WELL. OK.
- Katniss will not figure out if she likes Gale or Peeta more by the end of the book. I AM COUNTING THIS ONE.
- I think we will finally hear about hints of some sort of rebellion or war by the end of the book as well. These dystopian novels usually deal with someone standing up against the tyrannical government in it. AS;DFJSADL; OR BY CHAPTER 2. LOL.
OH MAN. I forgot how fun these are. Onwards to Mockingjay!
- WE WILL SEE PEOPLE. Ok, sorry, I had to.
- There will NOT be another Hunger Games again. If there is, I will probably punch myself in the face.
- We will FINALLY SEE DISTRICT 13. I mean they are headed there SURELY COLLINS WON’T TEASE THAT WITHOUT WRITING ABOUT IT.
- At some point, we will go back to District 12.
- We will meet Annie.
- About District 13: I’m guessing about 100 people live there. We will learn how they were able to stay off the grid.
- KATNISS WILL CHOOSE PEETA.
- And one of the reasons for that is that GALE WILL DIE. That’s right, I’m bringing it.
- Katniss’s mom will also die. So will Johanna, Finnick, Beetee, Brutus, and Haymitch. I expect this book to be brutal.
- I expect Panem to be liberated. I base that off the image on the cover.
- It will be discussed at length, but District 13 will NOT nuke the Capitol. They will find another way to overthrow them.
- Whatever method they find to overthrow the Capitol will involve the death of President Snow.
- Plutarch Heavensbee will sacrifice himself.
- We will find out that Cinna was killed during Catching Fire. 🙁
- THEY WILL LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER.
If you haven’t read the third book (WHICH IS LIKE THREE PEOPLE NOW), go ahead and submit your predictions too!