In the second part of the second chapter of A Wizard of Mars, I AM STILL VERY EXCITED. Intrigued? Then it’s time for Mark to read Young Wizards.
I LIED, THERE ARE MORE THINGS THAT ARE MAKING ME VERY THRILLED ABOUT THIS BOOK, I HAVE TO LIST THEM AS WELL.
- MARS MARS MARS MARS. Oh my god, this is just evil. I didn’t necessarily grow up with a fixation on Mars specifically, but anything space-oriented has interested me for a long time. Duane does this thing here where it honestly feels like she found all the right things to grab my interest, and then she put them all in twenty pages of this book, and then she sat back and cackled because the trap was set AND I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO FALL FOR THIS.
- MARS DOESN’T HAVE A KERNEL. How? How????
- (See, there’s the cheese in the mouse trap. I’m ready for this thing to destroy me, DO YOUR WORST DIANE DUANE.)
- Once upon a time, there might have been wizards or people on Mars???? NO, DON’T DO THIS TO ME, I CANNOT ESCAPE THIS VORTEX OF MYSTERY, I LOVE STORIES ABOUT LOST RACES OR MISSING CULTURES, HELP ME, I AM TRAPPED BUT CANNOT ESCAPE. also i refuse to escape.
- Their manuals won’t tell them if modern-day humans are descendants of ancient Martians. That’s like a 100% admission that it’s true, isn’t it.
- Isn’t that how history works.
- Carmela took her reward for saving the Crossings ENTIRELY IN STORE CREDIT IN THE MALL AT THE CROSSINGS. Be still my aching heart, Carmela is perfect.
- DURING THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR.
- I don’t think I have once asked about the history of wizardry on Earth, and this book has opened that abyss of thought, and it’s like when you’re on Wikipedia looking up just one thing, and then you click on another page, and then you’re lost on the page listing all mysterious disappearances throughout history, and you can’t stop forever or ever.
- (That tab is still open on my phone. I read entries every time I am on the train.)
- WAS WILLIAM HERSCHEL A WIZARD.
- WHO THE HELL WAS THE ANIME GIRL IN THE MIRROR
- (I am so excited that I get to type that sentence and have it make sense.)
- As if this wasn’t enough… what’s happening with Nita? Not just the oracular stuff, but the strange things occurring in regards to her wizardry. Is she changing into a different type of wizard, too?
- THE TRAP IS SET. I KNOW IT IS, AND I WILLINGLY THROW MYSELF UPON IT.
I am thrilled to confirm that I will be a Guest at CrossingsCon 2017! Badges are now available, so COME HANG OUT WITH ME THIS SUMMER.
Mark Links Stuff
– Please visit my new site for all announcements. If you’d rather not have to rely on checking a website regularly, sign up for my newsletter instead! This will cover all news for Mark Reads, Mark Watches, and my fiction releases.