Okay, I really do love all four of these characters, but Daja… she is my everything right now, and y’all have no idea how excited I am to read her book, and I’m going to explode. LET THE PREDICTIONS BEGIN.
As is tradition ’round here, let’s go over my predictions for the last book.
- We wil travel to another school/university of magic at some point! Apparently, I can’t even spell the word “will” correctly. But nope!
- The group will try to go to the Summersea markets again. No, but they were almost sent to Summersea. Still doesn’t count, though.
- Daja will be forced to interact with a Trader at some point, and the experience will be negative. I’M SAVING THIS PREDICTION FOR THE NEXT BOOK.
- Sandry will be able to successfully use a loom without mistakes by the end of the novel. Technically? That happens towards the end of Tris’s Book, right?
- We will learn more about Niko’s backstory/history! Nope.
- We will also learn more about Moonstream. Nope.
- Rosethorn will get into a huge fight with Dedicate Crane. Nope, but I wrote fanfiction for a holiday card where she got drunk with Crane and sang drinking songs with him. BETTER.
- Briar will become friends with Dedicate Gorse. HEY, THIS TOTALLY COUNTS
- Tris will teach Briar how to read. I expected this book to take place over a longer period of time than it did, so this technically isn’t right?
- There will be a central conflict that we’ll learn of early in the book. HAHAHAHAHAHA
- We will see one of the characters develop romantic feelings towards someone! Whoa, I was wrong!
- Little Bear will be super cute the whole time. YES.
- BACKSTORY OF LARK. Nope.
- BACKSTORY OF ROSETHORN nope.
- JUST GIVE ME MORE OF THE TWO OF THEM. THANKFULLY, THERE WAS.
- I don’t know what else to do here, y’all. You have no idea.
- Frostpine and Daja will be great? YOU HAVE NO IDEA.
- She’ll learn to use a forge! THAT’S SOMETHING I CAN PREDICT. Sort of??? She’s still learning.
- I don’t know, y’all, THIS IS REALLY DIFFICULT. you have no idea
- So, this is Tris’s book, so it will mostly follow her? IDK??? She’ll progress in her training??? This is a garbage prediction and totally correct
- I AM SCARED. AS YOU SHOULD BE.
Now, I swear I’m not trying to artificially fill my predictions, but there’s a lot of these I’d like to re-use for the next book because they are actually REALLY GOOD. So let’s go!
- Daja will interact with a Trader at some point in the novel.
- IT WILL NOT BE A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE.
- Niko backstory!
- Moonstream backstory!
- Rosethorn backstory!
- Lark backstory!
- We will see Niko’s lessons with Tris that help her learn control.
- The bulk of the book will follow Daja as she learns to use a forge properly.
- FROSTPINE BACKSTORY. Bonus points if it involves marrying ME.
- I think we’ll see some sort of acknowledgment of what happened in Tris’s Book, namely in the form of construction at Winding Circle.
- I think Daja’s Book will take place very shortly after the events in Tris’s Book.
- We will get to see inside a new place within Winding Circle.
- We’ll get another scene in Summersea.
- Daja’s closest friend throughout the book (aside from Frostpine) will be Sandry.
- Shriek will learn to fly, but will not permanently fly away from Discipline.
- Romance? Romance. I don’t care who it’s between, IT HAPPENS.
Onwards I go to have myself destroyed by this series.
Mark Links Stuff
– Mark Does Stuff is now on Facebook! Feel free to Like the page, which I’m running myself, for updates and SILLINESS.
– If you would like to support this website and keep Mark Does Stuff running, I’ve put up a detailed post explaining how you can!
– Please check out the MarkDoesStuff.com. All Mark Watches videos for past shows/season are now archived there!
– I will be at quite a few conventions and will be hosting events throughout 2015, so check my Tour Dates / Appearances page often to see if I’m coming to your city!