So, at the end of this lovely mess of a prediction post, you can see me reading Tamora Pierce’s “Mimic” for the first time, but let’s be real. You’re not here for that. YOU’RE HERE TO SEE ME MAKE A FOOL OF MYSELF. Because there’s no way that this isn’t going to be a disaster.
I have a few things I definitely want to talk about in terms of what sort of story might be in Bloodhound. But after that? I’m in so much unchartered territory that I feel like at any moment, I’ll plunge off the cliff into utter embarrassment.
You’ve been warned.
Mark’s Predictions forÂ Bloodhound
- First and foremost, Beka will earn a promotion for the work she did inÂ Terrier.
- But this also means that her and her Dog partner will be given aÂ new district to police outside of the Lower City.
- I predict that her partner is Ersken. COME ON, GOOD COP BAD COP ROUTINE. MAKE IT HAPPEN.
- At some point, she’ll join up with Tunstall and Goodwin to work a large case.
- We will learn more about Beka’s siblings.
- Tansy will reappear in this novel.
- So will Hasfush.
- Beka willÂ kind of date Rosto for a while, but will ultimately decide against seeing him.
- ROSTO AS THE ROGUE OMG. Okay, I think the next case Beka works will involve him a LOT.
- and then
- will happen?
- HERE’S WHERE I FALL APART. BecauseÂ everything else was already explained and resolved.
- I FEEL LIKE I DON’T HAVE ANY OTHER HINTS.
- Uhhh… the pigeons??? They’ll bring Beka some ghosts?
- Pounce will be the cat to end all cats?
- Ersken and Kora will grow closer?
- Beka will… become a bloodhound?
- I’M JUST BULLSHITTING ALL OF YOU
- I’M NOT READY FOR THIS
- I AM NOT READY
This is actually quite exciting. I’m eager to see more of this world, and I’m going to get to do so WITHOUT KNOWING THE STORY. Gods, I LOVE READING. Anyway, the lovely Aurora_Belle, who worked very hard with members of this community to come up with the splits for The Doggy Books, commissioned me to read “Mimic.” Since it’s not connected to another series, I thought it best to read it betweenÂ Terrier andÂ Bloodhound! I hope you enjoy.