To prevent myself from putting this off for two long, I’ve decided to post the predictions I wrote after completing my review of A Clash of Kings. As I make my way through the third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, these are the thoughts that I have regarding where I think this story and these characters will go. And just how wrong will I be??? ONLY TIME WILL TELL.
Thanks to everyone who behaved rather well last time around and didn’t spoil me! This was a beautiful thing because it allowed me to be the most maximum unprepared ever, and, as everyone on the planet has told me, I am now approaching the one book in this series that apparently few people get through without screams of shock and rage. lol so it is absolutely perfect for me right.
I hope that I don’t get 2 out of 25 right this time around, but let’s face it: if I do, that’ll make a far more entertaining review once I finish A Storm of Swords. So, let’s try this! Remember, please don’t hint at whether I am right or not about any of these!
MARK’S DEARLY INACCURATE PREDICTIONS FOR A STORM OF SWORDS
- Davos’s fate is left open at the end of the last novel. As much as I like him, I don’t think he’s going to last. My guess? He gets the prologue chapter and we see him die.
- Arya, Gendry, and Hot Pie will be captured by someone working with the Lanniesters by the second chapter from her point-of-view.
- Stannis didn’t survive the Battle of Blackwater Rush. CALLING IT.
- Guess who else died in the interim? Shae. I know, it hurts, but GRRM seems to like making Tyrion suffer, so this would be like…the final nail in the coffee.
- And I know it’s bad to make a prediction that hinges so strictly to another, but because of #4, I bet Tyrion finally breaks and betrays the Lannisters by the end of the book, taking Bronn with him.
- Catelyn will finally kill Jaime by the end of the novel. Yes, I don’t think Jaime will escape.
- Look, I don’t even know how to deal with Melisandre, but I bet she takes control of what Stannis leaves behind and becomes a new threat to the Iron Throne.
- I think that last one is based on the title: A Storm of Swords. That seems like a reference to a chaotic battle of sorts, and I think all the parties who are claiming the throne will finally come to fight in ONE gigantic battle. Or something?
- Sansa will attempt to escape on Joffrey’s wedding day, and she will succeed. But GRRM can’t give us too much joy! We’ll find out Ser Dantos has another plan for her that puts her right back in peril.
- We will get a chapter narrated by Rickon
- Bran will find a way to meet up with his mother by the end of the novel, who will realize that killing Jaime was a mistake because her sons are alive. (The Starks seem to make a lot of “noble” mistakes, so this is my guess.)
- Unfortunately for anyone ever, I bet Theon did not die when Winterfell was under siege a second time. But just purely for my own joy, Robb kills Theon by the end of the book. I know it’s unrealistic, but it’s all I want from life right now.
- Jon. JON SNOW. my god. So he’s with the wildlings. I predict he has sex with Ygritte by the end of the book, and his big “moment” is that he is given the choice to kill one of his men to prove his loyalty or risk his life, so he follows Halfhand’s advice not to waver and kills someone from the Night’s Watch.
- I think Robb’s going to die in this book. I HATE TYPING THAT but look the Starks just die all the time. So yeah. I DON’T WANT IT, but it’s going to happen.
- Samwell Tarly is going to kill for the first time in this book.
- WE WILL GET A CHAPTER FROM ASHA GREYJOY’S PERSPECTIVE. oh please please please let this happen.
- Loras Tyrell will align himself with Catelyn Stark. I DON’T EVEN THINK THIS MAKES ANY SENSE but there’s no way he’d go with the Lannisters, even if Margaery is wedding Joffrey.
- Littlefinger will be behind the attempt to get Sansa away from Joffrey because he’s gross.
- Like #16, I know this won’t happen, but I want a chapter from Varys’s point of view. PLEASE. JUST ONE.
- Edmure Tully dies.
- Hot Pie dies.
- We will see H’ghar in a new face. And it will be shown that it’s Syrio Forel. Or whomever he is.
- DAENARYS. Oh god, she’s going to Pentos. She’ll make it there and find out Illyrio tricked her into coming, and he’ll try to kill her to get the reward on her head, and HE WILL BE ROASTED ALIVE BY HER DRAGONS.
- Westeros will learn that dragons exist. FUCK YES.
- One of the warlocks from the House of the Undying will also cross the narrow sea and to get revenge on the temple being burnt down by killing Jonah Mormont. I HATE EVEN TYPING THAT.
Bring it, George R.R. Martin.